Notice is hereby given that the 37th Annual General Meeting of St. Xavier's College (Calcutta) Alumni Association will be held on Friday, 29th September, 2023 at 06.00 PM at the College Auditorium with the following Agenda:
1. Welcome Address by the Fr. President.
2. Confirmation of Minutes of the 36th Annual General Meeting held on 18th September, 2022.
3. To receive, consider and adopt the Secretary's Report for the Year 2022 – 2023.
4. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Association for the Accounting year ended 31st March 2023.
5. To Appoint Auditors for the Accounting Year 2023 – 2024.
6. To Elect the Members of the Governing Council for the Year 2023-2025.
7. Any other matter with the permission of the Chair.
Date: 14th September 2023
1. Copy of the Secretary's Report for the year 2022-2023, Audited Accounts for the Financial Year 2022-2023, Minutes of the 36th Annual General Meeting held on 18th September, 2022, are uploaded in the SXCCAA website. (www.sxccaa.net).
2. Members desirous of getting elected to the Governing Council are requested to submit their Nomination Forms in duplicate for the post desired, duly signed by them, proposed and seconded by Life Members, to Fr. Peter Arockiam, B.Com Evening Office (between 04.00pm to 07.30pm) in person on or before 25th September, 2023. The Election Committee has been constituted with Rev. Fr. President (Ph: 2255-1231) as its Chairman and Rev. Fr. Peter Arockiam SJ (Ph: 2255-1233) and Rev. Fr. Joseph Kulandai SJ (Ph: 2255-1202) as Members.
3. Criteria for Nomination to Governing Council: No member shall be eligible to seek election for the post of office bearer and/or Governing Council, unless he/she has completed three years as a member of the Association before the date of filing such nomination/candidature. However the nomination/candidature is subject to the satisfaction and approval of Election Committee, the decision of which will be final.
4. Nomination forms will be available from the Association's Office (Rm:5).
5. Queries, if any, must reach the Office of the Association in writing 7 days before the AGM.
St. Xavier’s College (Calcutta) Alumni Association proudly presents ‘Looking Beyond – Chapter IV’, the National Convention of Xaverians, scheduled to be held on 22nd & 23rd September, 2023 at SILIGURI, the picturesque city on the foot hills of Eastern Himalayas. This National Meet is being held after a hiatus of several years due to the pandemic.
In the past years, our association organized ‘Looking Beyond’ in Goa, Jaipur, and New Delhi respectively, which received an overwhelming response from our members across India and abroad.
This year’s convention will include Inaugural Program, Business Meet, Chapters’ Meet, Cultural Program, Award Ceremony, Celebrity Talk-show, Gala Dinner accompanied by a musical evening. The women’s forum of SXCCAA which is an integral part of the SXCCAA is opening their Chapter in Siliguri and is coming with a power packed performance in this year’s National Meet. The detailed itinerary will be shared with you in due course.
Being the fourth edition of the National Meet, your enthusiastic participation with the Xaverian soul and spirit will be highly appreciated. It's an opportunity for the members of SXCCAA to join together with their friends and families for fellowship, networking and cultural engagement.
Here are the package rates, booking information, and other details:
Hotel: Mayfair Tea Resort, Siliguri
Option 1: Rs. 15,500/- + GST 18% per person on Twin Sharing/Double Occupancy Basis. This includes 2 nights' accommodation in a Superior Deluxe Category Room with all meals, conference participation and cultural programs. (Excluding airfare and airport transfers)Read More...